Sunday 8 July 2012

Integrity Euro 2012 Tour 7"

I've gotten behind with my Integrity collection these last few months. I didn't even know the last couple of 7"s that came out were coming out, and by the time I found out, the colour copies had sold out. Bummed. So I kinda forgot about Integrity records for a while. Well, until a friend posted a picture of a 7" he picked up from Integrity on their recent tour. Then I realised that I needed to get back in the game.

This a split between Integrity and Gehenna on Holy Terror records. There are a few different colours of this one. But this particular colour is the tour version, limited to 100 on green vinyl. Kinda cool as it also comes with the standard Rainbo Records test pressing labels.

In the end I didn't go see the band as the London show line up was full of bands I'd never heard of & wasn't interested in. Plus I didn't know anyone else who was going. But thanks to my friend Mark I was still lucky enough to get one. Thanks dude!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't know if those vinyllabels are cool! When the knowledge goes lost with time many will see them and buy/pay them as a testpress I think...

mcs said...

Fair point... but remember, unlike the 80s or early 90s, these days the internet helps preserve knowledge. So I don't think that the pressing infor for this one will get lost with time. However, no doubt some people will try to sell it as a test press and some potential buyers probably won't make the effort to search the internet to try to find out the truth.

Cam said...

I was talking to Dwid at the Newcastle gig, the green vinyl with the test press labels were made because they had a problem with the normal pressings that caused a delay. The Newcastle gig had a poor turn out, only about 50/60 people. Dwid was cool enough to do a custom illustration on the dust jacket of the copy I bought.

Anonymous said...

about the preservation of knowledge on the internet, you make some good points too. But I still think a physical copy (book, papers) is still needed and would be cool to make physical our blogs for example... And we all know that many sites get purged if on non-active. But a book stays. Anyway interesting discussion...

Jan said...

I was told by the band that the labels were supposed to be plain white ones without any printing. to make it that the records would be ready for the integrity EU tour in time, (the normal label is full color on silver paper) but somehows the record pressing plant decides to put "test press" labels on those records by mistake.